beetlebon wrote:If I may say so myself - my tool is probably the best source of information about the game, other than this forum, unless you like reading the game files directly.
sorry, i wasn't intending to be insulting. it seems others don't appreciate the need for a wiki, so let me explain:
the "visually jarring" is in reference to your choice of colors. most of the internet is black and dark colors on white. when i look at your page for too long and switch to another tab, it makes me see lines. it also tires my eyes out.
the "difficult to understand" requires a bit more explaining. i find examples are the best way to do that.example:
"where do i find the Giant Stinger for the Nasty Sting quest?"using Game File Analyser:
1. using search, input "nasty sting" > no results
2. look in Quest table, wonder what "L45 | tor4 | tor5" means, click on it
3. nothing appears to have happened. scroll down, oh there's some stuff.
4. alot of useless information. i see a scorpion sprite, it looks like it has the giant stinger. click on giant scorpion to find out where it might be.
5. nothing about where it's found, just a bunch of mostly useless datausing a wiki:
1. using search, input "nasty sting"
2. using quest page, it tells you the giant scorpion has the item, so you click on the giant scorpion link that's provided
3. the giant scorpion page tells you where it's located and the conditions required to find it
i must apologize again - i don't want to come off as sounding like i'm being mean; i'm trying to be honest about a general user's experience. i'm positive that your file analyser can't replace the ease-of-use of a wiki. it certainly provides a WEALTH of information in an easier format to read than looking through the source files, but that's not what i'm discussing in this thread.
there are many other things i would want to search on that i can't easily find the answer to by looking directly at the data; again, wiki are made to take away any user processing, and give the answers directly.